[100 businesses reached](https://preview.redd.it/e6rqpevaj8o91.png?width=798&format=png&auto=webp&s=18513580aeb7ca0f31fedaefdcf73da56c2b0b39)
Bitcoin Island, Boracay Philippines has passed a big round number of 100 businesses on-boarded. These businesses are all accepting bitcoin via pouch.ph lightning wallet. If you have been following these updates, you will notice that the rate of adoption is accelerating.
We have had reports of random bitcoiners following this map as a treasure hunt buying a drink at every venue.
If you do the same, please stop in the office and say hello. We are right in the heart of the island, across the little lake from Dmall. You can not miss the giant Bitcoin sign.
With the addition of more local markets, it is realistic to live only on bitcoin as a local. We make it a point to always shop with our vendors, so our fiat usage is near zero at this point.
Our crew of gig workers are paid in bitcoin, some cash out a little to fiat. However, some sell us fiat to get “pouch money” because it is easier to remit to their family in other cities with bitcoin.
* Coffee houses cafes – 6
* Sit down restaurants (not alcohol focused, but can get a drink) – 16
* Sit down restaurants (alcohol focused) – 3
* Food stalls – 11
* Carenderias (locals homemade food/restaurants) – 8
* Retail – 8
* Services (tattoo, tailoring, salons, cell repair, scooter rental, tours, etc…) – 15
* Convenience stores – 4
* Fruit, vegetables, meat, fish markets – 11
* Sari Sari (tiny local convenience stores) – 23
* Hotels – 7